Can someone please explain to me in the simplest terms what the difference between 63030 and 63047 is? I know easier said than done. I am having a issue trying to code a case because I can not find the distinct differences between the two codes. Patients dx is Herniated Nucleus Pulposus and Lateral Recess Stenosis. Surgery performed is Left L4-L5 Hemilaminectomy and discectomy and placement of epidural fat graft.
A new coding company we are out sourcing these cases to coded 63030 and 63710.
The doctor coded 63047, 63048 and 15770. Now I have to explain who is correct ugh.
I am so confused Thanks
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join