AAPC - Back to school
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Outcomes Inc. employee's??

AAPC: Back to School
    I guess I am not sure what the difference is. What is it? I use E codes. I have not had training is O codes yet. However, I do have the info.

Default Universal vs. Enhanced Charts

If you have not been told you are on enhanced charts, you are working on universal charts. Universal charts are $5 each. Enhanced charts are $3.50 for the first so many average dates of service and then so much for each date of service thereafter. Ask your CA to be sure you aren't on enhanced charts.

Cool FYI Outcomes coding

To anyone just starting, their type of coding takes forever (with some charts)
    the per chart payment rate is very low, and they are inconsistent with communication.
    This kind of work isn't for everyone. Go into it with your eyes open.

i recently applied and they told me they weren't hiring at the time, i would like to start working from home but $3.50 a chart doesnt sound like much, and if a chart takes over 1-2 hours to code, i wouldn't have time to do it.. not working full time and taking care of a newborn, but i would like to see it and try,, are there any other coding companies that the charts aren't so big ??? and how hard is it to code the charts ?? what types of codes do you use ? surgery, general ?? im just tryin to get some feed back

You do ICD9 only. At least that is what I do. Sometimes you get charts that are small and go quickly. Other times you get charts that take a good while to do. Several pages with inpatient can happen. I am trying myself to keep a positive outlook. I hope very much that it will work out. You have to keep on looking and apply apply apply..
    Good Luck!

Default Outcomes

I have been working for Outcomes for a couple weeks. the extra money is nice, but there is not a lot of consistency to their coding. Everything in the chart is captured, even the codes with no Rx/HCC value. So, it is a little different. I have gotten good responses from the training department. Some of the charts are awful. I am doing 1-3 charts per hour and that is if they are 5-10 pages each. It actually takes the longest to enter everything.
    Hope this helps, I know I am a little late.

They called me yesterday about a position. I had applied some time ago. But she claims they require 4-6 charts per hr. and 20 hours per wk part time. Putting a calculator to this gave me a 5.25 hr rate, which is below min. rage. I declined the position. I guess once you learn it and build the speed the amount would go up per hour because you could get more charts done.

Thumbs down RE: Outcomes Inc employees

I am speaking from my own personal experience with this company, and I would not recommend them to ANYONE. I worked for them part-time and quit after only four months. It was four months of snafus, inadequate communication, and employer screw-ups. To start with, they "forgot" to take Federal taxes from my first two checks and I was not allowed to communicate with HR myself, I had to go through my CA and it took almost two weeks tro get a response. The "training" for the remote coding staff was less than informative and I have it on good authority that the on-site staff gets much more in-depth training than the remote staff. I was told when hired that I would only be coding the E codes, but was then assigned O code charts with no training on their use - I was just told to follow the "cheat sheet" that they made up. I NEVER got any feedback on my quality/accuracy, despite asking many times - I was always told they were "working on it". The communication between the CA and the remote coder is minimal at best - each CA is assigned to 14+ people. Don't even get me started on the responses from the supposed "training department" - they were constantly changing what they wanted us to pick up, and when I asked for clarification on issues, I either never got a response or never got a direct answer to the question. It was the most unprofessional and sloppily-run organization I have ever worked for. I have been coding for 8+ years and am still in shock over my experience with them. I am sorry that I will now have to list it as a past employer on my resume because I honestly would rather not. The only good thing I can say is that I now have experience with the HCC/RxHCC coding, which I did not have before. I will agree with previous posters that anyone wanting to work for this company to definitely go into it with your eyes open and do not expect a lot of guidance or training because it won't happen.

Is anyone doing or has anyone done field reviews for Outcomes? If, so what is it like and is the pay still per chart or is it per hour? Are you coding the charts as a field reviewer or just scanning them?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast