neuroplasty/ fluroscopy

Question neuroplasty/ fluroscopy
    Medical Coding Books
    We have encountered a problem with NUCLEOPLASTY being denied as experimental?? Any suggestions?? Some payers will pay for the fluroscopy only. Any modifer thats can be used? Or should dictation be submitted with each claim??
    Last edited by Carlon427; 10-02-2008 at 08:37 AM. Reason: NUCLEOPLASTY NOT NEUROPLASTY
    Carlon Hudson CPC

What codes are you billing with? I am located in upstate NY and don't seem to have a problem with denials... it may depend on the diagnosis you are using also.
    RebekahSlackCPC@aol.com e-Med Billing Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by RebekahSlackCPC View Post
    What codes are you billing with? I am located in upstate NY and don't seem to have a problem with denials... it may depend on the diagnosis you are using also.
    RebekahSlackCPC@aol.com e-Med Billing Solutions
    we are using 62287
    Carlon Hudson CPC

Default checked into this
    Hello, I ran a report in our system for the past year. I didn't see any that we billed with fluroscopy, however I didn't find any denials at all. The only 3 ins classes I see being billed are Medicare, WC and private RMSCO. All three insurances paid the claim within one month without even requesting notes. I checked the first ICD-9 on each of them... they were all billed w/ 722.10 or 722.52

I will try to look for a Local medical review policy on NGS' web site. I know that Healthnow/UMD used to have one, if I can find it I will post the link!

Default checked into this
    I couldn't find the local policy, however I did check my neurosurgery coding companion, it's published by ingenix, it describes the procedure and also shows the NCCI edits associated w/ the code.

it advises the icd-9's associated are 722.10, 722.73, 724.2, 724.4

for fluoroscopic guidance use 77002

CCI's show specific CPT's including diskectomy, kyphoplasty, and some fluoro including 76000-76001 and 77003 you can e-mail me if you need the entire list... RebekahSlackCPC@aol.com

Hope this helps!