We have just starting coding and billing out the new cpt codes for stents. Today I received denials on all my stent codes. The denials were for the modifiers of RC, LD, and LC. I spoke to a Medicare representative who is stating that these modifiers are no longer required for these codes. Is anyone else getting denials with these modifiers? If not you might want to start looking because you probably will. Just wondering if anyone was aware that these are no longer needed. According to the research I have done it looks like maybe you use them when doing 2 different artery. However Medicare is stating they aren't being used at all. Anyone have any information on this new development?
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join