We were trying to determine if it would make sense to buy the equipment and do the EKG ourselves, to make it easier for our patients. (instead of making them drive to the hospital, pay for parking, and end up spending quite a bit of time....as having anything done at a hospital can take time.) We weren't sure if our physician, a gastroenterologist, would be reimbursed for performing these services.
Also, we were curious how much the insurance companies pay for this, if you are billing for the professional and technical component combined.
Does anyone here currently bill for EKG's?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join