I just recently started working for a pain management provider. I am noticing a large amounts of claims being denied stating the procedures are experimental. What I am noticing is the insurance companies will pay for the first cpt ex. 64634 and deny the rest as experimental. I am see this with Aetna, Cigna and United Healthcare. Prior to my working here these denials were appealed with all the records for treatment leading up to these procedures and they still are denying them. This is also happening with the Facet injections 64493-64495. If any one has any information or can direct please help!!!!!
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join