If this is what the child has, you are using the correct code. I think your problem is your software.
(I was just at a seminar last week where a surgeon commented that he's seen an 8-yr-old with gall stones! He attributes this to the generally high-fat, high protein diets of Americans today.)
If you cannot override it, then code signs/symptoms.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CPC-E/M
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join