I don't have a source to point you to, but I would not code straight from the OP report heading either. Oftentimes I have found that I need to confirm certain details that affect code assignments that are only found in the actual report. (i.e. approach, accompanying conditions *such as bypass procedures*, etc.) Personally, I think coding directly from the heading is somewhat lazy coding. Although I'm sure it's faster, and you will get the correct answer sometimes (or even a lot of the time), I just think it's a bad policy for professional coders. That's just my two cents...
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join