Remember your time is valuable, your an expert in your field - take that into account always! As well as how much time is involved, and travel if any.
You can charge flat rates i.e. $xxxx for first provider, each additional provider $xxx
or even by the hour... if by the hour $100/hr is competitive... if not too low! I've gone as high as $200/hr and as little as $100/hr.
There's so much that can stem from auditing! it's unreal...... not just "coding accuracy" but what about the financial impact it has if they are severly overcoding or undercoding? what happens if you find a problem, i.e. insurance isn't paying according to their contract for the last 5 years. ANYTHING can happen - remember that. Keep your options open, and be available and ready because they'll ask you for additional help and services.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join