Assuming you're referring to Novitas Solutions, Inc as your MAC, there is an advanced E/M webinar coming up 2/12/13, 11am - 12:30pm ET. There you can ask questions and get a better understanding of the 4x4 rule.
In answering your question here's an example from a previous webinar.
Constitutional-1)BP 2)temp 3)pulse 4)respiration
Cardiovascular-1) Regular rate 2)and Rhythm 3)Normal S1 4) and S2
Gastrointestinal- 1) abdomen soft 2) normal bowel sounds 3) no hernia 4)abdomen flat
As per the example as long as the physician mentions ear, nose, mouth, throat he has made all 4 requirements in the organ system. Eyes is usually PERRLA (Pupils Equal, Round, Reactive To Light And Accommodation) would be appropiate for 4x4
Hope this helps
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join