This happens with our FPs quite a bit. The FP bills for prenatal care (using the last prenatal visit before the admit as the DOS). If the documentation supports an initial hospital visit, that it billed separately. Some insurers deny so we appeal with documentation showing that neither the FP nor a partner delivered the patient, but care was transferred to an OB.
We would bill the stand-by service & 99431 for the other FP, unless other resuscitation/critical care codes were billed.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join