AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Chapter Meetings/Workshop questions

Default Chapter Meetings/Workshop questions

AAPC: Back to School
    Hi all. I'm new to this whole CPC thing, and I've yet to attend a chapter meeting or a workshop. This may be a stupid question, but what are we supposed to take to these things? There's a chapter meeting coming up soon where I'm at, and I was thinking about going, but I don't have any of my books with me right now. (I just moved to Arizona from Alaska, and they were far too heavy to put in my luggage. My husband will be mailing them out to me once he gets back to Alaska.) Are they needed when attending these functions? And what exactly is a 'Local Chapter Review Class'? I noticed there's one coming up and it has 7.25 CEU's!

Also, I don't know anyone around here who's a coder. Are any of you in the Phoenix area?

Last edited by ashleynapier; 10-06-2008 at 12:22 PM.

Milwaukee WI

Default "My chapter"

There are no stupid questions. My local chapter meetings usually involve a speaker with handouts. There's no need to have any of the manuals along to get the benefit of the presentation (and CEUs).

However, it sounds as if your group is sponsoring a workshop - maybe to help people prepare for the CPC exam? Anyway 7.25 CEUs sounds like a full day to me.

At the top of this page is a green AAPC banner. Under it is a black band where you'll find a link for "My Chapter." Check there and you'll probably find information about whom to contact for more details.

Good luck in your new endeavors.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CPC-E/M
    Last edited by FTessaBartels; 10-09-2008 at 11:20 AM.