I have attached the NCCI Web Page overview. Within Anesthesia Chapter 2 (see bottom of Page 8) it states that TEE for diagnostic purposes (93312) with formal report, is separately payable. If you add the -59 modifier, which is appropriate per NCCI instruction, it will be paid.
We bill the -59 modifier and -26 modifier for "professional component" only - 93312-2659
This billing instruction is applicable to diagnostic TEE with all ASA codes, not just 00562.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join