Is the use of a colposcope the only difference between these codes?
57461--Colposcopy with loop electrode conization of the cervix (0 day global)
57522--Conization of cervix, with/without fulguration, with/without D&C, with/without repair; loop electrode excision (90 day global)
My doctor is telling me that the colp with loop electrode conization is the same thing as the conization (without fulguration, without D&C, without repair), as far as the procedure goes. Is it?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join