Pt was diagnosed with a molar pregnancy and suffered a spontaneous abortion in the ER. She is now presenting to our office for a follow-up visit. My question is what ICD-9-CM code would be appropriate? My provider wants to use the molar pregnancy, but I am thinking that if the patient suffered the spontaneous abortion, the molar pregnancy would no longer be appropriate.
Any insight appreciated.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join