It sounds like you are describing the removal of a previously placed Intraocular Lens prosthesis. If that is the case, CPT 66852 would not be correct because that code is for the removal of natural lens material.
For removal and re-insertion of an IOL prosthesis, you only need CPT 66986.
In regards to the Vitrectomy, without having any other details, I would say go with 67036.
Karen Maloney, CPC
Data Quality Specialist
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join