Can any one HELP with what the provider needs to document in the Chart for these particular codes. I have a Physicians Group Primary Care , Telling me that in the Assessment for Obesity they dont have to document the waist circumference as it is not stated in Medicare's Guidelines. Nor are they documenting Time or Risk Factors. Unless i am Wrong , Time is a Must , Risk Factors is a Must and I would think if medicare is requesting an Assessment be done , Waist Circumference is apart of an Assessment. Does anyone have anything in Writing ?
Concerned for a Potential Audit.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join