I've never audited another coders work. We're pretty tight here, usually any questions or issues that come up we discuss to get everyone else's opinion before coding it out.
anyway, I would think they would be random charts - BUT - never simple ! you know "us coders" and our opinions! LOL
I guess I would tread lightly, pick random charts, score them out, etc...and see how it compares to what they did. I'm sure there will be slight differences, and I'm sure they'll be reasons why - they might have missed something, or you might...etc.... I would think the audits would be much like when we audit for providers - making sure documentation guidelines are met, charges are captured and things are coded out correctly.
good luck on your audit!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join