It sounds like all your physician did was perform the tracheostomy. 60200's description according to Decision Health is: (Plain English Descriptionâ„¢) The physician removes a cyst or a blood-filled growth from the thyroid gland, or cuts the tissue that connects the right and left side of the thyroid gland in the front of the throat. From what your physician described he performed the tracheostomy that is described in 31605. Since you did not state whether this was an emergent procedure it seems your only option to be 31600. Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join