I have always been told to code the reason for the visit. Even if they state resolved during the visit. I asked that very question and was told that as long as they present with that, that's what you code. You woulnd't code future visits with that as a current condition.
i.e. Patient presents with OM right ear. treatment rendered and follow up in one week. When patient presents in one week OM resolved.
Initial and one week visits will both be billed with OM as presenting diagnosis.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join