Procedure: Laparoscopic bilateral spigelian hernia repair with mesh
The left side is incarcerated, the right side is not.
I billed Medicare: 49653-LT and 49652-RT
This was denied due to NCCI edits. The dx code is 552.29 for LT, and 553.29 for RT.
Can anyone help me with the correct way to code this surgery for Medicare to recognize the fact that they are different types of hernias?
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join