per notes in my ICD-9 book re: guidelines/coding tips:
For prenatal outpatient visits for patients with high-risk pregnancies, a code from category V23 should be used as the principal or first-listed diagnosis. Secondary Chapter 11 codes may be used in conjuction with these codes if appropriate -- If the patient has a complication in the current pregnancy, report a code from Chapter 11 instead of a code from the V23 category.
Hope this helps you.
Boy I sure do love this new ICD-9 book - guidelines and coding tips appear right under the diagnosis codes as necessary and the Chapter Guidelines fabulous!!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join