Help! I was just informed that our Ortho doctor is going to be doing IME's or Independent Medical Examinations. The code they have told me to use is 99456, Work related or medical disability examination. But to use it as a hourly rate. I can't find anything that says to use it as hourly. It is my understanding that this is one flat fee. The examination is a very thorough review of a entire chart and then a 5-10 page report.
Does anyone of any other information on this exam? CPT codes? Billing?
Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join