Personally, I found the Neurosurgery Coding Alert invaluable when I started coding for this field. Below are some great websites that provide wonderful information and have free webinars from time to time (with free CEU's)
On Karen Zupko's site, select the resources drop key button, coding coach, and select orthopedics or neurosurgery.
Medtronic (above link) provides CEU's (most times) when they have a free webinar to attend.
As for books...I found the Ingenix Neurosugery/Neurology guide helpful. The Coders Desk Reference is also handy.
P.S. I just found the most recent webinar hosted by Medtronic. Two free CEU's
Good Luck to you!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join