American Psychiatric Association CPT Coding Resources for â€¦
http://www.psych.org/File%20Library/...0Practice/CPT/... Â· PDF file
American Psychiatric Association CPT Coding Resources for APA Members 2013 Coding Change FAQs [Updated 11.28.2012] ... the various levels of E/M coding,
Q: Does 90792 cover deciding and prescribing medications in the session?
A: Yes, that could be one component of the medical service.
Q: Are there specific requirements for 90792, and are there other codes for new patients beyond 90791 and 90792?
A: The documentation requirements for the 90792 are really the same as the documentation for 90801. The only difference is you will want to be sure to list any of the medical work when billing the 90792. Psychiatrists and others who can bill E/M codes may also choose to bill an initial evaluation with the appropriate E/M code.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join