As per the CPT guidelines on pg 12, "when the patient is admitted to the hospital as an inpatient in the course of an encounter in another site of service (eg, physician's office) all E/M services provided by that physician in conjunction with that admission are considered part of the initial hosital care when performed on the same date as the admission." Therefore, codes from 99221-99223 series (as per the level of care provided) should be reported when a doctor sees a patient in the office and then admits them to the hospital the same day. Hope this will help
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join