The new codes 209.00 through 209.30 indicate malignant carcinoid tumors of the small intestine. 209.0 small intestine, 209.1 large intestine, appendix, and rectum. 209.2 unspecified sites, 209.3 poorly differentiated neuroendocrine tumors any site. These will all need a 5th digit to indicate specific location. (.01 duodenum, 11 appendix, 14 transverse colon, 24 kidney)
The 209.4 through 209.69 are benign carcinoid tumors of the small intestine, large intestine, appendix, rectum, and unspecified sites. Again, the 209.43 benign carcinoid tumor of the ileum, 209.51 benign carcinoid tumor of the appendix, 209.61 benign carcinoid tumor of the bronchus and lung. So the 209 indicates the tumor, the 4th and 5th digit give the specific location.
Is this clear as mud? Hope this helps some. There are a lot of them, so hopefully you will get your new book soon.
Try this site, it seems to have everything there.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join