I've been asked by a team-mate if I would submit an inquiry to the forum for help on a recurring coding issue. I'm NOT a podiatry coder yet know this is the place to come for help. She has furnished this information to me: Is there anyone out here who would be available for her to contact you?
Washington State Medicare patientt (Noridian). I cannot get these two codes paid together:
11056 and 11721 or
11055 and 11721
billing as follows:
11055 757.39 729.5
11721-59 110.1 719.7
Medicare is denying the 11055 (or 11056) as not medically necessary. I tried to rebill the 11055 with 703.8, also denied. 11721 is paying. According to the LCD these codes should pay with these dx, without a Q modifier or PCP info
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join