I am hoping someone can help with this question. We are receiving numerous denials from WPS....Medicare for consolidated billing. We have a tissue lab that bills for 88305 mod 26. We prepare the slide only. We did not read out the slide. We prepared the slide for a doctor outside of our dermatology group to read, so we are only performing the technical compotent , but our claims are being denied because the patient just happens to be at a hospital lab that day getting an x-ray, urine test, or blood test, that is totally unrelated to the tissue/skin biopsy sent to our tissue lab. The doctors are totally unrelated.
How do we prevent these claims from being denied?
Thank you for any help on this matter.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join