Hi, there are modifiers to use when the attending physician sees a hospice patient:
GV-not employed or have any financial gain (i.e. med director) of that particular hospice agency.
GW-dx that you are billing is unrelated to the hospice dx (in your case not likely)
Without a modifier Medicare will deny as 'patient enrolled in a hospice'.
You would need to search on CMS within the regulations not sure of the Reg#
Hope this helps~
Brenda Koski, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join