Some clarification is needed. If I understand correctly, Dr A performed surgery on 9/18/08 which had a global period. (What was the code used for the surgery and what is it's global period?) Dr A saw the patient in follow-up on 10/07/08 and during that visit decides to admit the patient to the hospital on that same day. On 10/08/08 are you saying he consulted on his own patient? This would not meet consultation guidelines. He cannot request an opinion or seek advice from himself. If he saw the patient then he would charge a subsequent day.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join