I am answering my own post as I was finally able to talk to someone that knows how to bill for SCS leads and placement.
The second lead placement should be billed with 63650.53 because the doctor attempted to place the lead but had to discontinue the procedure due to extenuating circumstances. It required more work in the numerous attempts versus billing with a 52 modifier for reduced services.
The inability to place the second lead was an unforseen event. The practice purchased the lead and should be reimbursed. As long as documentation supports the attempted placement the lead can be billed.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join