The APA has recently received information from a member in Colorado about what appears to be a sudden refusal by Anthem BCBS to pay for 90837 claims. While it initially processed and paid for claims under 90837 at the beginning of 2013, it now insists that it will not pay for this code at all. And for those providers who were paid for 90837 claims, they are expected to refund those claims in full to Anthem BCBS and can then resubmit those claims under 90834 or pursue the dispute resolution process.
My question is has anyone heard anything about our local BC/BS and the 90837 CPT code.
I have been billing this code and getting paid since Jan. 2013.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join