Anes time definition from a facility standpoint

Default Anes time definition from a facility standpoint
    Medical Coding Books
    Does anybody know what would be the definition of anesthesia start and stop time that could be used by a facility to indicate the start of the anesthesia services, not the professional fee time, but the time that the anesthesia actually starts?

I suspect they'd be the same. The nature of question confuses me a bit though.

I need a document about anesthesia time, can anybody tell me where I can find this?

Thanks

Default Anesthesia Times
    Look at this site. Look at page 14. Hope this helps.

http://www.trailblazerhealth.com/Pub...anesthesia.pdf

Ray

I didn't notice "facility anesthesia" mentioned in the trailblazer report. I've never really heard of such a thing, so I'm hoping someone can enlighten me.

Much of what is mentioned is regurgitant from CPT-4.

Thanks!

Default anes time
    I'm confused on this one also. I thought anesthesia time was just that, when the anesthesiologist was present and when he leaves. He documents his time on the anesthesia record as start and stop times. Is there something different for facility?

That is what we are trying to find out, if there is a difference, but so far everything is the same as what CPT states.

Thanks,
    Steph

8. Default Facility is for equipment/room
    From what I have seen on hospital billing is that surgery and anesthesia should match. The OR time and the Anes time are always the same. The documentation however is different for the anes. The anes for facility is only the time the equipment is being used which of course should match the OR time since this is strictly the facility portion. This is not the professional portion. Hope I am making sense!

Anita

Do you know where I can find a document stating that?

Thanks,
    Steph

10. Default
    I think you need to speak with someone on the facility billing side of things. They will be able to direct you. I just know that facility and pro fees are completely seperate. Facility is only for the use of the equip. therefore will be same time as the OR.

Anita