I have a credential through the Healthcare Compliance Resources organization headed by Pati Trites. My certification is as a compliance consultant (CHCC), although HCR also offers compliance officer certification (CHCO).
Another organization, the Compliance Certification Board, offers a certification in compliance (CHC). I also think MedLearn or someone similar to them also offers compliance certification. (I think it might be through the Medical Management Institute (MMI), however I'm not certain.)
As far as recognition, I know I've seen all of the above after numerous individuals names in the medical billing community. For me it was a matter of being able to prepare on my own, and of course the cost. Some programs are more expensive than others.
Good luck and I hope this helps.
Patricia Hayes, MBA, CPC, CHCC, CMM
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join