I hope someone can help me. Physician billed out 52224 and 52005. 52005 is bundled with prime procedure. After review of the op notes I feel that 52234 better describes the procedure performed. Looking at code information I noticed that 52234 carries RVU of only 6.91 whereas 52224 carries an RVU of 31.13. I researched a bit more and code edit says that 52224 is considered bundled with 52234 which leads me to believe that 52234 should carry at least the same if not more RVU value. I have never come across a situation where the bundled code is considered 5x higher in RVUs than the code it is bundled into. Does anyone have any info on this. These are considered non-facility charges done on an outpatient surgery basis.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join