The physician destroys a portion of the trigeminal nerve to block pain or motor control to the face or scalp. Destruction is accomplished by injecting the nerve with alcohol or phenol. In 64600, a supraorbital, infraorbital, mental, or inferior alveolar branch of the trigeminal nerve is destroyed. In 64605, the second and third division branches at the foramen ovale are destroyed. Report 64610 if the second and third division branches at the foramen ovale are destroyed under radiologic monitoring.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join