Indication: left femoral vein pseudoaneurysm
The radiologist accessed the right common femoral vein, cath'd the left common femoral vein and used a balloon to slow blood flow into the left profunda femoral branch AV fistula and flow within the pseudoaneurysm. He then notes that US-guided compression of the pseudoaneurysm was not possible prior to the thrombin injection; however, following injection, it was compressible. US-guided compression was then held for 30 minutes.
Can the balloon be reported as a venous angioplasty? If not, how would it be reported? With a 22 modifier? This was definitely more work than the normal case. Would both the thrombin injection and US-guided compression be reported?
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join