AAPC - Back to school

Thread: cpc exam

Default cpc exam

AAPC: Back to School
    I’m new to this site. I’m currently not coding, though I’ve coded for quite a few years. I’ll be taking the cpc exam next month and would like to review any guides/tools to “‘take the edge off” that aren’t too costly. Any suggestions ??

Last edited by suzcoder; 10-19-2007 at 06:44 PM. Reason: should have been put in "off topic" section??

Scranton, PA

Go to a Barnes and Noble if there is one near you. There is a CPC exam review book by Saunders that is very good. It also comes with a CD that has 2 practice tests for you. That will give you 300 different practice questions. I used to teach coding to prepare students for the CPC exam and this is the book I used. It was very helpful and the questions were very close to the type of questions on the actual exam.

Oil City

Use either the AAPC's CPC study guide or Carol Buck's "The Certification Step"
    Rhonda Buckholtz, CPC, CPC-I, CGSC, COBGC, CEPDC, CENTC
    Vice President, ICD-10
    800-626-2633 ext 183
    Fax: 814-217-0447

Default cpc exam review

Hey I actually just took my cpc exam on the 20th and I found the above mentioned review book from barnes and noble very helpful. I finished the exam an hour early and felt confident about taking it.

Louisville, KY

One or two words of caution about the Carol Buck study guides.

Whether you're purchasing on-line or in-store, be sure to get the correct edition for the year you take the exam. There can be rather noticable differences between years. Border's also orders/carries this book. However, I've found you must ultra-specific with the staff because they will seemingly order according to the title and not realize the importance of the year-edition.

Good luck to you.
    Kevin B. Shields, RHIT, CPCO, CCS, CPC, COC, CCS-P, CPC-P, CPC-I

Thanks to all who replied. I purchased the review guide 2007 by Buck at a college bookstore nearby. Looks like I've got some reading to do. (haven't down-loaded the CD-ROM yet)
    Last edited by suzcoder; 10-25-2007 at 09:27 AM.