You need three pieces to support a consultation. They are referred to as the 3 Rs. Request, Render, and Response
1. A request for consultation from another provider
2. Render your opinion on the care of the patient.
3. Respond back to the "requesting" provider.
It doesn't matter if the patient is new or established. In addition, the consulting provider can treat the patient and it will still be a consultation as long as the 3Rs are met.
You should be able to find this information in CPT.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join