AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Cast boot part of walking cast?

Default Cast boot part of walking cast?

AAPC: Back to School
    Hi I have a friend that is trying to figure this out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I am trying to determine if a cast boot is part of a walking cast or should be billed separately. The CPT code for the application of the walking cast is 29425. According to what I read it says it does not include supplies or materials. I am not sure of the HCPCS code for the cast boot. We have been using L3260.

it is not part of the cast itself. It is considered a DME and should be billed in addition to the cast. (and pray the provider allows for reimbursement of such)

Thank you, I will let her know. These forums are awesome because of people like you.

Question Mbort

Would the L3260 HCPCS code be correct?

if dr. also did 64614. would you add modifier 51 to 29425/antoinette desimone

Smile modifier 51 or not

dr. performed 64614 and 29425
    would you add modifier 51 to 29425
    antoinette desimone
    children's health and wellness center

Similar Threads

1. cast application
    By pochranek in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 02:23 PM
  2. biomechanical walking boot
    By beatjones in forum Orthopaedics