I need some help on this:
Dr. did a left subclavian Groshong placement with fluoroscopy.
I coded it as:
Medicare denied because:
procedure code is inconsistent with modifier used or modifier is missing...we have tried twice to send this through. I just looked at the CCI Edits and it shows that a 59 modifier should be attached. Does this sound correct, and then still use the -26 modifier?
Thanks for any help I can get...
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join