Does your carrier have an LCD for facet joint injections? That would be the place to start.
Otherwise, these should be coded with -50 for bilateral injections.
If your carrier is denying with frequency, they may want -59 for the additional levels.
By CPT if 3 levels were injected, for instance L1-L2; L2-L3; L3-L4 bilaterally, you would code 64475-50, 64476-50 x 3.
You could try 64475-50, 64476-50, 64476-50-59, 64476-50-59, but I'd check the LCD first to see how they want them.
77003 would only be coded once
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join