Doc replaces PE tube which was occluded with debris and also effusion in middle ear space. My dx sequencing is 1) 996.79 2) 381.4. Doc has problem with 996.79 because it is a complication code and only wants to use 381.4. 996.79 has not been added to his clinic's billing system. Will have meeting with doc but wanted to find out what anyone else thinks.
Phyllis Urinoski, CPC
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join