A diagnostic laparascopy with a Roux-en-Y pancreatic jejunostomy may not be paid on the same date of service.
Also, a subtotal pancreatectomy encompasses a median pancreatectomy and these too should not be billed for the same DOS.
If you want both the jejunostomy and splenectomy billed, it is safe to include the type of neoplasm-whether benign or malignant.
The reason is, for benign neoplasm only a median pancreatectomy and probably the diagnostic laparoscopy will end up getting paid.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join