I was curious and did a little research on the use of 99082.
The January 2003 CPT Assistant published the following Q&A. Hope it helps.
Q - A patient is being transported from her home to the physical therapy facility. Is it appropriate to report code 99082 for the transportation?
A - AMA Comment
Code 99082, Unusual travel (eg, transportation and escort of patient), is used to report unusual travel, such as a helicopter transportation and escort of a patient. This code is intended to identify the physician accompaniment of the patient being transported. If the physician does not accompany the patient, then code 99082 should not be used. This code should not be reported for transporting patients from their home to a physical therapy facility
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join