CPT for hysterosalpingography:
Hysterosalpingography involves two components-First portion by OBGYN physician who introduces the catheter and injects/introduces the saline/contrast material through the cervix- fallopian tube.
The second portion- the pictures taken are to be interpreted by the radiologist for the diagnosisof patency/blocakage(ie the interpretation and report.
The first coponent coding 58340.(Surgery Section/gyn)
the second one coding.....74740. (Radiology Section)
so for my openion 58340 and 74740 are the appropriate
The code 58350 does not arise here at all, because it is for chromotubation which is a open surgical procedure at theatre settings with a dye for confirming about the patency/blockage and a therapeutic procedure.
The code 76831 also do not apply here because it is for SONOHYSTEROGRAPHY.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join