Personally speaking, I post our assistant surgery the same, across the board. This is the protocol/standards developed within our company. I have discovered some carriers will pay for an assistant surgery regardless of CCI edits. Some private payers include language in their provider contracts or provider manuals stating that they follow the NCCI edit guidelines while others use third-party software to edit their claims that use their own logic to determine payment. My rule of thumb...the AMA is your best bet for accurate guidelines and coding conventions.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join