If you are billing for a Medicare patient, check out the Medicare Claims Processing Manual (100-4, Chapter 17, section 30; (http://www.cms.hhs.gov/manuals/downloads/clm104c17.pdf) If you are giving a drug from a single-use vial, you may bill for the entire vial if you document the amount given and how much was wasted. You may need to use modifier -JW with the HCPCS code. Using injections from multi-use vials is also addressed.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join