here is some info. from the Interventional Radiology Navigator:
"Angioplasty performed solely to deploy stents is NOT separately coded, however PTA should be charged with stent for the same vessel in the following circumstances:
*Primary angioplasty with failure followed by stent
*PTA used to treat lesions adjacent to the stented segment
*PTA used to treat a complication of stenting, such as an adjacent dissection tacked down with balloon.
I would think that in your case they are probably just expanding the stent to achieve better results so I wouldn't separately bill for the angioplasty. It would depend on your case...
hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join